In Indonesia, as many as 11.5 million people suffer from a disability and between 2-3 million (physically disabled) are in need of a wheelchair.(Pusdatin-2010)
To respond their needs, WAFCAI contributes to an inclusive and barrier-free society for people with disabilities by providing wheelchairs as a tool. We also aim to provide rights-based educational support for people with disabilities to be integrated into the main stream of society, and to have equal opportunities as with other people without disabilities.
WHAT IS WAFCAI?
Wheelchairs and Friendship Center of Asia (Indonesia)
WAFCAI established on June 23, 2014 as a non-profit organization engaged in the provision of wheelchair services and mobility support for people with disabilities in Indonesia.
Notary Deed: Number 99. - 23-06-2014,
Wheelchairs and Friendship Center of Asia, WAFCA was established as part of 50th commemorative anniversary of DENSO Corporation in April 1999. DENSO is a leading supplier of advanced automotive technology, systems and components for all the world’s major auto makers
WAFCA projects began in Thailand originally where DENSO established its first overseas manufacturing factory.
1. To achieve inclusive development for people with disabilities to live independently through the widespread use of wheelchairs.
2. To contribute to a barrier-free society through friendship and support activities in sports and education.
OBJECTIVES / ACTIVITIES
1. To promote inclusive development for people with disabilities to live in the mainstream society as equal as others, and contribute in creating a barrier-free society for all.
2. To assist the people with disabilities to get greater opportunity to work and live independently as active members of the society through wheelchair distribution.
3. To integrate people with disabilities into the mainstream society through volunteer and friendship activities.
4. To provide appropriate wheelchairs that fit individuals with disabilities through wheelchair assessment, prescription, assembly, fitting, adjusting, training, and regular follow-ups.
5. To encourage children with disabilities to use wheelchairs to attend school.
6. To provide skills and knowledge for wheelchair service providers.
7. To advocate in promoting the rights of people with disabilities and raise social awareness to develop accessible society for people with disabilities.
8. To collaborate with government, other non-profit organizations, and business companies for public benefit.
9. No any concerns to the political activity.